Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A.D. Ellis is here For Nicky

Today I have A.D. Ellis here on the blog. FOR NICKY is available today!

A.D.
Have you ever cried while writing a book?

I cried during a couple scenes in FOR NICKY. I cried the most when I was revising and did a reread on the epilogue.

Does working to deadline inspire or annoy you?
I despise putting things off, so deadlines are always met. However, I get really anxious over deadlines because it makes me nervous when life gets in the way and takes me away from writing. So, I do best when deadlines are far off or don’t exist.

How much of the book is realistic?
This book is very realistic. I came up with the idea after watching a brother take care of his special needs sibling during church. I wondered at that relationship. Nicky doesn’t have nearly the challenges as the sibling I observed at church, but he still faces a lot in life. The characters and setting and plot in FOR NICKY are extremely realistic. In some ways, it makes me sad that it’s so realistic because that means the bullying that goes on in this story exists in real life.

I love when a story creates a deep emotional connection. It sounds like For Nicky does just that.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
THANK YOU! I’m so amazed and in awe of the support that my readers have given me. I am so grateful for those who take a risk on my book(s), write reviews, and share my book. I am thrilled when my readers are touched by my story and when they love (or hate!) my characters as much as I do!

Would you like to be friends with the main character?
YES! If Nate weren’t totally in love with Libby, I’d be chasing that man for sure! Oh, and if I weren’t happily married. But, Libby is way too sweet and good and I’d never want to break those two up. I’m sure that everyone would love to be friends with Nicky, he’s kind, caring, fun, and completely honest. 

Follow up question - What is something you can picture the two of you doing together?
I think that taking Nicky out to an amusement park or go-carting with Nate and Libby would be a lot of fun. I think doing anything with Nicky and seeing his excitement would be touching.

Do you write under a pen name?
Yes. I decided that I didn’t want my students to be able to search my real name and find books that I’ve written, so I created a pen name.

Now lets have a little fun and get up close and personal

Do you have a favorite quote?
Right now I’m really in love with George R.R. Martin’s “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” I’m thinking of adding a tattoo to the two I already have and working that quote in somehow.

Do you enjoy giving interviews?
I do. I especially like interviews that ask different questions rather than the same old questions over and over. I like doing interviews because it gives my readers a chance to get to know more about me and connect on a more personal level.

Do you laugh at your own jokes?
I do. I have a pretty warped sense of humor and I think things are funny a lot of the time. I tend to take innocent remarks and situations and turn them dirty in my head; I make these comments out loud in front of friends who know me well.

Are you fun to go on vacation with?
Probably not. I am a bit of a control freak and I like to stick to a schedule usually. At amusement parks I want to plan and route the best paths to everything to get the most of our time there. However, at the beach, I can just laze and walk and relax for hours with no schedule at all. But, I’m guessing most people wouldn’t want to go on vacation with me unless they also like a schedule and a plan.

If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
WARNING: This person gets very bitchy when hungry or hot. If either of these things happens, watch out. She may also get extremely crabby when things don’t go according to her plans. In order to prevent these mishaps it is advised that you keep her out of hot, humid temperatures, keep her fed, and be sure that everything goes her way. 

Find out more about A.D. Ellis
on the web www.adellisauthor.webs.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/adellisauthor

Follow on Twitter: @ADEllisAuthor

and Goodreads www.goodreads.com/adellisauthor




Elizabeth Decker views herself as shy, totally average, and pretty much insignificant. She’s nothing special, at least not compared to her little sister, Audrey. Elizabeth is content with her plain and lonely future; she’s too insecure to contemplate a relationship thanks to her sister. Audrey is a bombshell and uses this to get what she wants. She’s a girl who will stop at nothing to control anyone and everything around her. She craves power and doesn’t care if she has to hurt Elizabeth to get it.

Nathaniel Morgan has spent his whole life fighting for his twin brother, Nicholas. Somewhere along the way, he lost himself. Now he’s just getting by. He’s devoted to his family, but emotionally detached from the women he burns through like wildfire. He has no plans of getting into something as complicated and committed as a “relationship”.

Nicholas Morgan has placed the new librarian, Miss Elizabeth, on a pedestal and is begging her to meet his twin brother, Nathaniel. Elizabeth and Nathaniel agree to meet, for Nicky. Both are caught off-guard when unexpected sparks fly between them. This was not in their plans. Will Nathaniel and Elizabeth be able to escape a past that still plagues them? Or, will the past, suspicions, and insecurities come between them one too many times?

No comments: