Thursday, December 04, 2014

30 Seconds with Chrys Fey

Today we have the lovely and talented Chrys Fey on the blog.

She has a new story out, 30 Seconds, just in time to curl up on the couch with your ereader and a cozy fire. 

So Chrys,

How much influence do you have on cover art?

I actually had a lot of say in the cover for 30 Seconds because the artist got the cover wrong at first. In the beginning I filled out a form to describe the tone, important elements, and how I envisioned the cover, but the artist did her own thing, which was all wrong for 30 Seconds. Only the title was what I wanted, so the marketing director let me choose the images to pass onto the artist. I picked both of the images that are now on the cover.

Which phrase in 30 Seconds are you most proud of?

“She could forgive him for missing their dinner date, but she would never forgive him for dying.”

What did you edit out of 30 Seconds?

I edited out a scene near the end. I can’t really reveal much about it because it contains spoilers, but it’s when my heroine, Dr. Dani Hart, is in the hospital fighting to save someone’s life. My editor and I decided to remove it because we realized she wouldn’t be allowed in the operating room as she was emotionally compromised. Luckily, taking the scene out worked perfectly.

Describe your writing style in ten words or less.

Thrilling, romantic, magical, with heroines of steel and sexy heroes.

Would you like to be friends with the main character?

Absolutely! Dani is a fun woman. She’s witty, smart, and loves rock music just like I do.

Follow up question - What is something you can picture the two of you doing together? 

We’d go to a Thirty Second to Mars concert and rock out to their music. Then we’d stop at McDonalds for a quick bite and maybe enjoy a glass of wine at home while we talk about how awesome the concert was.

Now for a little fun. 

If you were going to commit the perfect murder, how would you go about it?

I don’t think I can reveal that. If I do, it may come back to bite me in the butt.

Do you ever write naked?

I’ve never even tried it. I’m not that free with my body, but now I’m wondering how many writers do write in the nude.

Do you have any hobbies? 

I love to draw fashion designs, write song lyrics, make jewelry, and read.

If you were a tool what would you be?

A hammer. I don’t like to “put people in their place,” but I will swing if you get me mad. All of my heroines carry the same attitude. Actually, they are all feistier than I am. Sometimes I wish I could be more like them...sledgehammers.

Who's more fun, bad boys or perfect gentlemen?

Bad boys! They are fascinating, sexy, and can show you a good time. All of my heroes have a little bit of bad in them, but they are still gentlemen when the time calls for it, like Blake in 30 Seconds.

thanks so much for stopping by.

It readers would like to know more about Chrys, you can find her at--


Purchase 30 Seconds on Amazon http://amzn.com/B00N26EU9G



1 comment:

Chrys Fey said...

I'm SO sorry I'm late! I had one headache of a day, but seeing my pretty post on your blog made me feel better. Thank you so much for having me, KyAnn! :)