Wednesday, August 20, 2008


I'm done with edits and have a release date. Oct. 17, 2008. So here is a tasty little sample of Rough Justice.

excerpt:
“Step out of the vehicle with your hands in the air.” The mechanical tone of the sheriff’s amplified voice sent a shiver down her spine.

“What?”

“Hands in the air!”

Roxie stared. “Is this a joke?” she yelled.

“Walk to the rear of your vehicle, face away from me, put your hands on your hot little sports car and spread your legs.”

“Are you serious?”

“Do it!”

She was under arrest! “Asshole,” she muttered. To think she was about to masturbate to the man in order to pass the time and instead he had her assuming the position. She strode to the rear of the car, put her hands above the bumper and spread her legs.

She heard the release of the handle as he opened the cruiser door. Gravel crunched under Sheriff Soto’s boots. Her heart hammered against her ribs with each step of his approach. Her breathing became shallow.

He stopped behind her. “Normally, I catch you hauling ass.”

“I swear your radar gun has it out for me.”

“Yeah, could be something like that. Also might have something to do with your car. Apparently it idles at eighty.”

She gave a snort and glanced over her shoulder. Sheriff Soto stood, his eyes locked on her ass. With the bright spotlight she imagined he could see right through her skirt. That was an arousing thought. A rush of liquid heat flowed through her veins and a flicker of awareness pulsed in her core. A familiar effect whenever the sheriff was around. “My car isn’t even running.” She hitched a hip and tapped the toe of her boot. “I called you for a ride.” She glanced over her shoulder again. “Do you want to give me a ride, Sheriff Soto?”

He closed the distance between them, standing close behind her. Hot breath fanned against her flesh. “Are you soliciting a police officer? Prostitution is a felony.”

Her pulse jumped. “No! I didn’t say anything about paying for a ride.”

“I can haul your ass in for that.”

“And I could lodge a complaint for police harassment.” She straightened and flipped her hair. Her knees might be weak from his authoritarian presence, but she didn’t have to show it.

“Is that a threat?” His voice deepened.

“If you weren’t on duty, I’d ask if you were drunk.” She tried to turn but he leaned into her.

“Technically I’m off duty as soon as I deal with a woman stranded on the side of the road.”

“Deal with? I’ve always been nice to you.”

“Oh Roxanne…I can be nice too.”

“Then why are you giving me a hard time?”

“I’m not—yet.” He nudged the side of her boot with his. “Now spread your legs.”

“Not the first time I’ve heard that one.”

He chuckled and she melted a little more. “As long as it’s the first time tonight.”

Coming Oct. 17!

2 comments:

Cathy M said...

Sexy and funny, I loved it. Congrats, KyAnn, I can't wait to read it.

Fedora said...

Oh, very nice, KyAnn! Thanks for sharing that!