Monday, March 27, 2017

Please Welcome Claire Marti

I have a special post today. Grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and meet the lovely and talented Claire Marti.
She has a new book out with the Wild Rose Press and I'm so happy she stopped by for a visit.

Welcome Claire,

Thanks for sitting in the hot seat.

First lets talk about you as a writer.

How did you do in English as a kid?

English was always my favorite subject and I got straight A’s.. I was either outside playing with the boys or indoors with my nose buried in a book.

Who is the biggest influence on your writing?

When I was younger I was obsessed with Ernest Hemingway and Ayn Rand. When I found Nora Roberts, I fell in love. Her stories transport me and I return to them again and again. Her characters interaction, banter, and humor get me every time.

I know exactly what you're talking about. there is that one author that sparks the creativity.


Does working to deadline inspire or annoy you?

Both. Having a deadline helps me a great deal because it enables me to plan my writing time in a more structured manner. On the other hand, I stress out over the deadline too. Double-edged sword.


How do you deal with writer's block?

Yoga and nature. I’m a yoga teacher so, I know the benefits of mindful movement and breathing to clear both physical and mental blocks. If I’m totally stuck, I’ll head outside for a walk with my dog Josie.

I've tried hot yoga here in my town. I love that you connect your body and mind. Last year I joined a crossfit box and they totally merge that hardcore crossfit routine with yoga.


Are your books or characters based anyone you know, or events in your own life?

Confession: the ex-fiancĂ© in SECOND CHANCE IN LAGUNA is partially based on my ex-fiancĂ©. He was a serial cheater hiding behind the cloak of Mr. Perfect. It wasn’t hard to express the emotions Sophie feels upon learning of his betrayal.

Yikes, well hopefully in the book the serial cheater gets his due. lol

So now we want to get a little personal.

Do you have a favorite quote?

“When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful.” By Barbara Bloom. I’m a breast cancer survivor and this quote helps when the scars feel overwhelming at times. I’m also a big believer in the tough times making you stronger.

That's awesome. When I wear my pink ribbon, I will wear it for you too. Our family knows the frightening reality of breast cancer.

What is your favorite drink?

Red, red, wine.
That reminds me of UB40. I love this song.




Are you fun to go on vacation with?
Absolutely. I love to travel and am lucky enough to have started traveling at a young age. My dad Is French so I’ve spent a great deal of time in France and spent my junior year in college in Paris. I’m happiest exploring new places or returning to beloved locales. I prefer to eat, drink, and walk my way through new cities and countries and experience the culture as opposed to a following a set itinerary.

I love to vacation too but recently discovered I am no good on a cruise ship.

What makes you cry?
Any type of abuse or harm to animals. I cannot comprehend how anyone could hurt an animal for any reason. I’m the person who was always bringing home the strays and have three adopted furry children.

Finally, what makes you laugh?
Luckily, I’m easily entertained so, comedy in many forms fits the bill for me. Movies, books, my crazy cats, my friends…you name it. I also laugh at myself a lot because I’m a bit of a geek.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

Where can we find you?
www.clairemarti.com

On facebook: @ClaireMartiAuthor
On Twitter: @clairepmarti

And where can we find Second Chance in Laguna?

Amazon   The Wild Rose Press   Barnes and Noble

Kobo   Ibooks









 

11 comments:

Claire said...

Thanks for having me on the blog today KyAnn! Fun questions!

Sandy Tilley said...

Know you're counting down to release day. So excited for you! Your book sounds awesome.

Katie O'Sullivan said...

Great interview, ladies! Best of luck with this new release, Claire!

Tena Stetler said...

Interesting interview! Learned a little more about Claire! Best of luck with your new release. only four more days to go. LOL You've got this!

Wild Women Authors said...

Hey, kid, you're doing just fine! With blogs being so new for you and all and the B I G day is right around the corner. Have fun and enjoy the ride.
Kat Henry Doran from Wild Women Authors

CB Clark said...

Interesting interview, Claire. I especially liked your favourite quote...inspiring. Best of luck with your new release. it's sure to be a big hit.

Claire said...

Thanks everyone! By the time this book comes out, you'll know me better than my husband does. Ha.

Karilyn Bentley said...

Loved the interview Claire! Good luck on your new release!

Charlotteoshayauthor.com said...

I too think your quote is beautiful, Claire. Best of luck with your release!!!

KyAnn said...

Claire, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Ilona Fridl said...

I really envy someone who can write on a deadline. My writing suffers when I put pressure on myself. Best of luck with your book!